NFL: Armagh name team for Louth clash
By Caoimhín Reilly
Armagh manager Kieran McGeeney has named an unchanged team for Sunday’s encounter with Louth at the Gaelic Grounds.
This follows the Orchard county’s 30-point demolition of Offaly two-weeks ago, which has positioned the 2002 All-Ireland winners one place below Louth, the league leaders, in Division Three.
All six starting forwards got themselves on the score board last Sunday week with full-forward Stefan Campbell bagging himself 1-4. Captain Rory Grugan and fellow wing-forward Niall Grimley also fired considerable personal tallies, 1-3 apiece, as Armagh racked up a league high 6-22.
Experienced duo, Charlie Vernon and Brendan Donaghy man central berths in defence with Forkhill’s Stephen Sheridan alongside the towering Aaron Findon at midfield.
Jamie Clarke and Paul Hughes are the only two Crossmaglen Rangers starting with Óisín O’Neill out through injury.
The Armagh Team in Full:
- Blaine Hughes (Carrickcruppen)
- Mark Shields (Whitecross)
- Charlie Vernon (Armagh Harps)
- Paul Hughes (Crossmaglen Rangers)
- Niall Rowland (Culloville)
- Brendan Donaghy (Clonmore)
- Aaron McKay (Dromintee)
- Stephen Sheridan (Forkhill)
- Aaron Findon (St. Peter’s)
- Rory Grugan (Ballymacnab)
- Anto Duffy (Pearse Óg)
- Niall Grimley (Madden)
- Jamie Clarke (Crossmaglen Rangers)
- Stefan Campbell (Clan na Gael)
- Andrew Murnin (St. Paul’s)
Image: GAA Twitter