Dundalk as it Happens
BoyleSports staff member Brian Murphy to walk from Dundalk to Clonmel in aid of six charities
Local BoyleSports staff member Brian Murphy is preparing to walk from Dundalk to Clonmel next month in aid of six charities.
Brian will set off from Dundalk on February 1st before making his way down the country to the 2018 National Coursing Meeting in Tipperary on February 10th.
The charities to benefit include
- Irish Cancer Society
- Irish Injured Jockeys
- Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust
- Irish Retired Greyhound Trust
- Flame Spirit
The first stage gets underway on Thursday February 1st from Dundal to Drogheda. The last stage will be on Friday, February 9th when the journey will be from Cashel to Clonmel where the National Coursing Meeting takes place the next day.
Brian’s route is as follows:
- Thursday February 1st: Dundalk to Drogheda
- Friday February 2nd: Drogheda to Balbriggan
- Saturday February 3rd: Balbriggan to Naas
- Sunday February 4th: Naas to Monasterevin
- Monday February 5th: Monasterevin to Portlaoise
- Tuesday February 6th: Portlaoise to Durrow
- Wednesday February 7th: Durrow to Urlingford
- Thursday February 8th: Urlingford to Cashel
- Friday February 9th: Cashel to Clonmel