Táin March gets underway next weekend
The 2018 Táin March will get underway in Roscommon next weekend before concluding in Co Louth on the June Bank Holiday weekend.
The event will commence on Friday week May 18th in Rathcroghan before concluding in Omeath on Monday June 4th.
This year’s event will incorporate hedge schools in Longford, Granard and Dundalk while workshops will also be taking place in schools in Kells, Oristown, Bellurgan and Cooley.
The full schedule for the March is as follows:
- Friday, May 18th: Rathcroghan to Lissonuffy.
- Saturday, May 19th: Lissonuffy to Clondra.
- Sunday, May 20th: Clondra to Longford (Hedge School in Longford that evening).
- Friday, May 25th: Hedge School in Granard.
- Thursday, May 31st: Teltown to Rathkenny.
- Friday, June 1st: Rathkenny to Ardee.
- Saturday, June 2nd: Stephenstown/Dundalk Hedge School at Dundalk Youth Centre.
- Sunday, June 3rd: Dundalk/Cooley Hedge School at Cúchulainn’s Castle.