Ten North Louth projects to received combined funding of €245,000
Ten projects in the North Louth area have been awarded a combined total of €245,869 in funding to provide Safety Measures and Play Areas at their various locations.
The funding is being given out under the CLÁR Programme as part of the Government’s Action Plan for Rural Development.
The projects to benefit are as follows:
- Scoil Naomh Bríd, Faughart – €5,400
- Muchgrange National School, Greenore – €35,975
- Rathcor National School, Riverstown – €27,000
- Scoil Mhuire, Rampark, Jenkinstown – €12,600
- Bellurgan National School, Bellurgan – €42,300
- Doolargy National School, Ravensdale – €45,000
- Scoil Naomh Oilibheir, Carlingford – €36,900
- Scoil Naisiunta Bhríde, Faughart – €11,115
- Mullaghbuoy National School, Riverstown – €9,000
- Cooley Complex Ltd, Monksland, Carlingford – €20,579.
Amongst the projects the money will be spent on include a new outdoor play area at Mullaghbuoy (pictured above) and improvements to the football pitch at Scoil Naisiunta Bhríde in Faughart.
News of the funding has been welcomed by local Fine Gael TD Fergus O’Dowd.
He said: “”Ten projects in the CLAR area of County Louth have been approved under Measure 1 and 2 funding. This will support schools and communities in North Louth to improve public safety around their facilities, as well as funding to develop or improve play areas in rural communities.
“Supporting our rural communities is integral in this government’s programme, we must continue to provide children in isolated rural areas with places where they can play safely and enjoy their childhood,” said Deputy O’Dowd.